The trails of this park start at the bottom of the silt cliffs in Dallas and work their way up onto the benchlands in Barnhartvale.
Driving Directions and Trailheads:
- Drive east on Highway 1 and turn left onto Dallas Drive. Continue along Dallas Drive to the lower trailhead which is found at Mountview Drive. The trail at the south end is Pussywillow Lane.
- To go to one of the upper trailheads, drive up Barnhartvale Road and turn left on Eliza Road. There is parking there and trailhead signs posted.
- There is a third trailhead on Blackwell Road, but parking is quite limited there.
- Both trailheads can be used to create a pleasing loop.
- The Blackwell Trails are on a grazing lease so there may be restrictions and some signage posted. Please respect signage, fences, grazing cattle, and gates.
- Dallas Barnhartvale Nature Trail map (pdf)