The Kamloops Rivers Trail is used by walkers, cyclists, runners, and families along routes on the North Thompson River, the South Thompson River, and the Thompson River. They are flat and mostly paved, suitable for all users. The westernmost end of the trail system is unpaved and more suitable for hikers.
- Drive to the North Shore of Kamloops and follow Tranquille Road toward the airport.
- Turn left before the airport onto Aviation Way and go to the end of the road where there is parking and the start of the Rivers Trail.
- Google Map (of the trailhead and trails)
- The trail goes along a dike bearing west. There are some side trails to the beaches along the route.
- The trail turns north near the end and meets Tranquille Road after 5.2 km. Most hikers go out and back, but take some of the side trails too.
- Article – Winter Beaches – The Rivers Trail