There are fine hiking trails in Valleyview in the silt cliffs area near Valleyview Arena. On the west side is Kamloops Bike Park, but on the east side are some single track trails used by both hikers and mountain bikers.
Driving Directions and Trailhead:
- Drive east on Highway 1 and turn left on Highland Road. Go past Valleyview Drive, then turn left to go to Valleyview Arena. The trailhead sign is on the left at the parking area.
- Tralhead signs show hikers the various trails that can be combined.
- Trails in the City Park also connect to extended routes to the east.
- No official map has been produced, but mountain bikers and hikers have been using the named (official) trails and have also connected to other trails to the south and the southeast.
- It is possible to go all the way to Barnhartvale or to Juniper Ridge, but there are some private land parcels to go around. Please respect posted signs and fence boundaries.
- A number of articles are found on KamloopsTrails.net. Use one of the search terms:
- Valleyview Silt Cliffs
- Silt Cliffs
- Valleyview Nature Park
- Hiking the Spines