Lac du Bois Grasslands Protected Area (B.C. Parks) is a large and diverse area right on the edge of Kamloops. It has many areas to hike and explore and many weeks of activity could be logged within and one the edge of this park.
- The main access road is the Lac du Bois Forest Service Road.
- Good hikes are also found on the west side of the area off the Tranquille – Dewdrop Road.
- There are a number of rougher backroads that can also be used to access some of the more remote areas.
- Sub-pages on this site provide information on some of the better hikes in the Lac du Bois Grasslands and forests.
- There are dozens of additional routes to explore and local hikers are still exploring new routes.
- Google map with trailheads