The Battle Bluff Trail starts in the Dewdrop Range on the Frederick Road and goes south over a low ridge, then descends to a lower bench. It then veers east to climb Battle Bluff. The end of the trail is the top of the bluff overlooking Kamloops Lake.
- Trailhead – park at the concrete barrier/sign on the left 1.5 km along the Frederick Road (at N50 44.793 W120 33.917)
- The trail bears south into a gully.
- Just before emerging into the open sagebrush grasslands, the trail veers to the right (ignore the side trail to the left).
- Continue down the hill on the double track to the benchland. At the junction, bear east toward the bluff, then follow the single track to the top.
- Battle Bluff – N50 43.820 W120 33.956.
- There are some cliffs past the viewpoint so keep track of younger children and pets.
- The out-and-back route is about 5km return.