Sun Peaks has summer trails for hiking on Tod Mountain, but it also has valley nordic trails and a few trails on Morrisey Mountain too. The wildflower alpine blossoms and the scenery make the upper mountain a popular set of trails, especially when combined with a chairlift ride to mid-station.
Drive north on Highway 5, then turn right onto the Tod Mountain Road (Heffley-Louis Creek Road on Google) at Heffley Creek. Follow the signs to the Village of Sun Peaks.
- Valley Nordic Trails – Cross over the covered bridge (across from the Village Day Center) to the edge of the golf course or drive up to P5 to get closer to the trails.
- Nordic Trail Map
- Tod Mountain Trails – Hikers can hike all the way from the bottom of the mountain or they can take the chairlift to mid-station and hike from there (recommended)
- Summer Hiking Trails Map
- Mt. Morrisey XC Bike Map (for hiking too)
- Sun Peaks Resort has loads of information on trails for hiking, mountain biking, and Nordic skiing.
- Hiking to the summit of Tod Mountain is a recommended trail in July and August.
- There are many other loop routes on the mountain and most junctions are signed.
- The Valley Nordic trails tend to be wet in spring, but are fine for walks in summer or fall.
- PDF – Sun Peaks Hiking Trails Map